Access Training and Programming Services
Hi, I'm Crystal. I teach Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Windows, HTML, Camtasia, Snagit, and more. I teach one-on-one and in classrooms. Most of what I currently do is remote. I work with people all over the world.
I have been teaching people how to use computers and applications for 30 years, 20 of which have focused on Microsoft Office. My engineering background provides foundation to understand technical data. I have also developed a lot of standard business applications, and numerous specialized applications.
I am happy to teach you using your data. It is always good when you can apply your knowledge directly. I'll open your database, spreadsheet, whatever data files you have and work along with you. I can connect to your computer ... we build whatever you need together. You have the business knowledge and I have skills with Access and automation.
I provide help as long or as often as you need. As we go, we write code.
As needed, I pull in code from my libraries. I have lots posted on the net and much more that is not. This decreases the development time.
I have taught many non-programmers how to code, and am very patient and good at explaining even the most difficult concepts.
I strive to make you independent so you don't need me anymore (but I will be here for you if you do). I encourage you to use forums, and give you links to sites that are relevant to what we are building.
Whenever you need my help, I am happy to give it.
It is not uncommon for me not to hear from someone for a few months to a few years -- and sometimes it is not for help, it is just to thank me for what I taught them and to keep in touch.
Folks have come to me for help and guidance with several different kinds of applications
personal projects include:
- tracking assignments, progress, and scores for schoolwork
- shopping lists
- favorite quotes and bible verses
businesses applications include:
- Accounts Payable & Check Writing, Accounts Receivable, Invoicing & Order Entry, Chart Of Accounts, General Ledger & Financial Statements, Payroll & Pay-Checks, Purchasing & Receiving
- Budget and Forecasting with Graphs
- Contact Management
- Custom Jewelry Orders and Engraving Instructions
- Daily Job Log for a Landscaping Company
- Data Entry and Export to PeachTree
- Elements, Ions, Compounds, and Plant Nutrient Needs for purposes of Determining the Best Fertilizers to Use for Growing
- File Management
- Financial Analysis Trending Reports with Data Sent to Excel for Graphing
- Hotel Reservation and Guest Charges
- Hydraulic Components Repair Based Business
- Insurance Claim Analysis
- Job Cost Estimating and Scheduling
- Job Management & Tracking
- Job Placement
- Kan Ban Velocity Tracking
- Land Survey Projects
- Lease Operating Statement Generator
- Market Analysis
- Multimedia Library with Video and Audio Clips
- Organizing (and Finding!) Images on Drives
- Ordering and Pricing Structures
- Paperwork Generation for Real Estate Note Transfers
- Patient Tracking for Hospitals
- Payroll and Time Sheets
- Plating Room and Vacuum Furnace Tag Analysis including Graphing Specific Characteristics for Specified Time Intervals
- Portfolio Management and Performance Analysis
- Product Information for Generating Web Pages
- Production and Multiple Warehouse Inventory Management
- Production and Performance Reporting Systems for various Oil & Gas Companies; interfaced with standard production databases such as TOW (Landmark's Volumes & Regulatory), P2000 (Production History), PEEP (Economics), Aries, Artesia, and legacy systems for Asset Ownership, Lease Information, etc.
- Transfer Information from Data Collectors; graph Pressure & Volume vs. Time for Early Detection of Serious Well Problems
- Questions and Answers
- Real Estate Management
- Resource Checkout System Using Bar-Codes and Scanners
- Sales, Inventory, and Customer Tracking
- Display all Technical Oil & Gas Data Available for a Region Bounded by Specified Geological Coordinates (Latitude, Longitude)
- Student Sign-In & Course Registration; Hall Signs, Name Tents, Rosters, Evaluation Forms
- Taekwondo Tournament Management
- Time Tracking and Scheduling, Attendance, Vacation
- Track Legal Information for a Researcher
- Track Sales, Commissions, Revenues, and Customers
© Copyright 2009-2014 Crystal Long. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: Sept 2014